On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 9:55 PM, Kovács Zoltán <zol...@geogebra.org> wrote:
> Hi William,
>
> Thank you for your great work on Sage!
>
> I used to upload supplementary materials for research papers to sagenb.org
> and I cited them also.
> E.g. www.sagenb.org/home/pub/4299 is a normal citation in one of my papers
> published back in 2012.
> Now this link reports "Public worksheets are currently disabled.", so this
> worksheet cannot be downloaded by a normal visitor any longer.
> (Since when?)

Since 2012.  The university of washington regularly completely banned
network access for sagenb as a result of spammers/crackers posting bad
content as published worksheets.  I had no choice but to disable the
feature.

The arxiv or github is a better place to upload supplementary
materials for research papers right now.

> Maybe it would be fine to find a way to redirect such materials to a
> different location (perhaps to SMC).

Since the pub stuff has been disabled for many years already, I don't
plan to redirect it now.

William (http://wstein.org)