On Tuesday, 28 April 2015 11:16:04 UTC+1, Nathann Cohen wrote:

> > Perhaps I was not clear enough:  I meant to say: make the
> solver-specific
> > doctests work; we talk about a dozen doctests or so...
>

> What do you mean by "make them work" ? We already have a lot of
> solver-specific doctests in the numerical/backends/ folder.

I mean that if I currently set the default solver to Gurobi, there are few
failing
doctests, as Gurobi prints the LP a bit differently.
An example:

$ ./sage -tp src/sage/numerical/mip.pyx
too many failed tests, not using stored timings
Running doctests with ID 2015-04-28-11-59-41-d779c3bb.
Git branch: develop
Doctesting 1 file using 8 threads.
sage -t src/sage/numerical/mip.pyx
File "src/sage/numerical/mip.pyx", line 704, in
sage.numerical.mip.MixedIntegerLinearProgram.new_variable
Failed example:
    p.show()
Expected:
    Maximization:
    <BLANKLINE>
    Constraints:
      x_0 + x_1 <= 8.0
      - x_2 + x_3 <= 0.0
    Variables:
      x_0 is a continuous variable (min=-oo, max=+oo)
      x_1 is a continuous variable (min=-oo, max=+oo)
      x_2 is an integer variable (min=-oo, max=+oo)
      x_3 is an integer variable (min=-oo, max=+oo)
Got:
    Maximization:
    <BLANKLINE>
    Constraints:
      R0: x_0 + x_1 <= 8.0
      R1: - x_2 + x_3 <= 0.0
    Variables:
      x_0 is a continuous variable (min=-oo, max=+oo)
      x_1 is a continuous variable (min=-oo, max=+oo)
      x_2 is an integer variable (min=-oo, max=+oo)
      x_3 is an integer variable (min=-oo, max=+oo)
[...]

(Gurobi prints constraint numbers, R0, R1, etc...)

So these doctests are in fact solver-specific.

Dima