I unpacked the sage 6.6 tarball and ran make.

I'll have some trouble posting the exact output here as the machine is not
connected to the network, but basically:
* I'm on an amd64 Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS.
* I launch: sage
* I type at Sage's prompt: vars()
* I get:
"""
/blablabla/pretty_print.py:147: DepreciationWarning: this is being removed
from the global namespace. Use crystals.<tab> instead
See http://trac.sagemath.org/15882 for details.
  ok = representation(obj, self, cycle)
"""
* I'm back at my shell.
I'll have to build gdb to get further info.

With 6.2 and 6.3 and 6.5, it "works" but before everything gets printed I
see lots of this warning with slight variations in the line causing it.
With 6.1.1 no warning, I guess 15882 was merged later.

Anyway, it was a false alarm.
I deleted my .sage directory and now it works: I get an error as others do.