On 6 May 2015 at 23:28, leif <not.rea...@online.de> wrote:
> Bill Page wrote:
>> Is there a possibility of creating an experimental package to install
>> pexpect 3.3 ?
>
> mkdir foo-1.0
>
> echo 'print "Installing foo.."' > foo-1.0/setup.py
>
> tar czf foo-1.0.spkg foo-1.0/
>
> ./sage -i foo-1.0.spkg

OK but I was bit worried about a package that actually replaces part
of Sage itself.

Here is an example of a Sage worksheet that does it dynamically using reload():

https://cloud.sagemath.com/projects/4bc39013-7b65-4a65-9d3d-bec4a4ce4d5a/files/Sage%20Worksheets/pexpect.sagews

This shows proof in principle at least that replacing pexpect with the
new version 3.3 does not negatively impact the fricas interface and
that it does solve the problem with unicode.