Hi John,

On 2015-05-25, John Foster <jfoster81...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any web based or even console based interface to all of Sage.
> Just wondering if I missed it. I found this, it's not what I need just
> an example:
>
> https://mathway.com/

As was pointed out by Dima, SageMathCloud provides a web interface to
SageMath.

> I'm looking for a way for "newbies", non-programmers or students, to use
> Sage. This includes myself as I'm not a mathematician. However my
> youngest grandson (10) is fascinated by Sage & I feel this would help
> him maintain that interest and grow. I also would like a process for
> using Sage more easily myself for working in the areas of physics that
> I'm interested in. Any thoughts on at least a symbolic entry keyboard.

Sage has an extensive documentation (see http://doc.sagemath.org/).
However, one must not forget that SageMath is a computer algebra system
and thus some mathematical background is very useful (hopefully your 10
year old grandson will not soon be frustrated). Also, basic programming
(conditional clauses, loops etc) could be useful, too.

>From my point of view, one strength of SageMath is the fact that it relies
on Python (a mainstream programming language), whereas many other
computer algebra systems invented a custom programming language. So,
with SageMath, one learns something that is useful also outside of
computer algebra.

Best regards,
Simon