> I won't recommend '-a'. Explicit addition of files using 'git add' is
> safer as to you do not accidentally push too much upstream...

I 100% agree, esp. since sometimes there are extra changes lying around -
one of the few places I like git better than Mercurial.  I think I
mentioned something along these lines in the sagenb release instructions,
and if someone cc:ed me on a pull request to add info about that to
SageMath's, I'd review that.