On Thursday, 28 May 2015 16:45:20 UTC-6, kcrisman wrote:

> On Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 5:21:01 PM UTC-4, Michal Bejger wrote:
>>
>> Dear Sage Devs,
>>
>> I have a question related to the limited length of a TeX expression
>> rendered by MathJax in the notebook - the variable responsible
>> for it is MAXBUFFER [1], and its default value is 5*1024 (5KB),
>> which in most cases is quite all right but sometimes, for example
>> when printing tensor components in SageManifolds
>> (sagemanifolds.obspm.fr), it's not enough.
>>
>> Is it possible to pass a MathJax preamble in the notebook?
>> Or alternatively, can we have MAXBUFFER increased in Sage
>> local/share/mathjax/config/TeX-AMS_HTML-full.js default configuration?
>>

> In principle you should be able to just hardcode a different value in in
> your own notebook server.

I suspect my students are hitting the same issue from time to time when
working on optimization problems, I just had no idea how it can be fixed.
What is the downside of increasing this buffer to say 10 or 20 kilobytes?
My understanding is that the same MathJax is now shared by all frontends,
so improvements will affect everybody!

Andrey