Hi Martin,

On 2015-06-16, 'Martin R' via sage-devel <sage-devel@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>> Generally, attributes of morphisms will carry a certain semantics that
>> is related with the category. So, if your morphism class M1 has a method
>> __call__, and M2 inherits from M1, then M2 has a __call__ method as
>> well, and thus both M1 and M2 are morphisms in the category of
>> SetsWithPartialMaps().
>>
>> Or: If M1 has an attribute .tensor(), then M2 inherits it, and thus both
>> categories are supposed to provide a tensor product.
>>

> Somehow that appears strange to me.  I wouldn't expect that the instances
> of some class are morphisms in, say, SetsWithPartialMaps() just because
> they are callable.  (But maybe that's the python way.)

What I stated was not about python (since it doesn't know about
categories) and I guess also not about Sage, since I don't think that
there is any automatism implemented.

What I stated was about the semantics. If it is callable, then you want
to call it on *something*, namely on elements. It may be that the
callable throws an error on some elements, thus, we have a partial map,
and where there are elements there are sets. Hence,
SetsWithPartialMaps().

> Anyway, I think it would be great to have this implemented.  Do you think
> you can recycle your branch on trac?

I'll see what I can do in the next few weeks.

Best regards,
Simon