I agree with Simon, although finding a nice expression like sqrt(2)+3^(1/3)
can be very costly deppending on how the algebraic number was constructed.
Anyways we could have such an expression for the cases where it is evident
from the number construction.

Related to that, i think the current 17? digits are way too much for a
visually nice representation. I would prefear to see 1.4142... than
1.414213562373095?
inside an expression.