e.. not really, I'm just a junior student now and interested in computer
techniques.

sorry to reply so late, we are having a field work and these days it seems
that the ipv6 was not available or not stable enough, I was blocked and
can't have access to google, so is this forum. Just now, I tried several
times and finally I am lucky to send this message!

grub2 is of course a free software, it's also made by GNU project as an
update to legacy grub! As for my grub2 configuration, it seems that it will
take some space to write it. I will try to conclude it here. Besides, you
can find more instruction about it in the official manual.

there is a great chance that you will have to fsck your usb flash disk, at
leastfor sage live 6.5 or earlier 6.4, but that's easy to deal with and
still acceptable. for the new version 6.7, I'm not sure as my laptop is now
more convinient, so I haven't got to try the new version now.
It should be claimed that not only sagemath, but also many live cd would
couase the problem, and sagemath have tried to deal with this issue through
several more convenient methods, though it's not auto done now.

it is little long to say about the boot mode uefi and legacy bios, it's
better that you find the explanation somewhere else, two place I recommend
is the uefi official webset and tiannocore, as I first learned it from all
kinds of forum, most of which were wrote in Chinese ...

as for matlab, I just leared little, and it was already one year ago. as
now I don't want to spend much time on it, I can't tell much about it,
sorry. However, for matlab, there is a big problem, it's not free, not only
the charge but also not open source; also, it takes lots of disk space( my
hard disk is just a little inadequate to save all my files). Several weeks
ago, I tried ansys under the linux, finaly got defeated and will never want
to have ansys installed on linux again, there is so many troubles with it,
and hardly have documents, I'm afraid that matlab would have the same
circumstance, but that's just the third reason. Now sagemath is just
powerful enough and script is so convenient to use. With additional tools,
like a frontend( for example texmacs, with witch the formula displayed is
easy to read ), it can meet nearly all what I need, there is no reason for
me to try matlab again.

在 2015年7月22日星期三 UTC+8上午3:35:08,Dominique Laurain写道: