Hi,

I have asked a version of this question here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sage-support/2KJQhOf-N7Y

However I now have a minimal working example, and sage-devel is perhaps
better than sage-support for this question (is it?)

So when working with multivariable polynomials over ZZ and taking the sum
of two ideals, things are inexplicably slow on sagemathcloud. Try the
following:

S.<a, b>= ZZ[]
L= [ S.random_element() for i in range(500) ]
def test():
    foo= []*S
    for P in L:
        foo= foo + [P]*S

%timeit test()

On my local machine (macbook with sage 6.2), which for anything else is
slower than the cloud, i get about 170ms (i've tried it with L
reconstructed a few times).
On sagemathcloud, it's about 3.8 seconds. 20 times slower !

Using %prun, it seems that a lot of time is spend by {map} ... ????

Also note that on the cloud, there is a warning message about computations
over ZZ, using singular, not being trustworthy. Sage 6.2 doesn't have that.
Could it have an effect on the speed?

Anyway, just wanted to point this out. It would be lovely if this could be
fixed as some point. I'm really enjoying the cloud !

Thanks,
Pierre