Hello !

So, what is the procedure? Shall I indicate on Trac where to find the
> upstream sources, and the reviewer downloads them manually, and once the
> ticket gets a positive review, the sources will be put on a Sage server,
> where they would then automatically be downloaded from?

Ideally, when you update a new-style package or create a new one, you add a
link on the trac ticket toward the official tarball. This way, we have no
reason to suspect *you* of having changed anything in the tarball (we trust
upstream) and Volker can add the new tarball on the servers.

If, for some reason, you cannot directly add a link toward the upstream
tarball (for example if you need to repackage it), then you should provide
a link toward the tarball that you propose for review, on the trac ticket.
In this second case, the reviewer should also check that the tarball you
provide is indeed modified from the original tarball in a sensible way (no
code injection).

A ticket was created to make this second procedure easier (and to make
spkg-src a bit more uniform), and was killed the usual
way: http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/18826

Or how does it
> work? The developer manual doesn't seem to mention it.

True, we should probably add a section about that. Though it will probably
change soon because of Volker's "fileserver.sagemath.org" (which seems down
at the moment).

Nathann