I just updated the project with some excel + csv files with a much more
indepth inventory.

Also, concerning ansible -- this is what I used when working on things this
summer (see https://github.com/ohanar/sagemath.org). I found that when you
use any well supported plugin, using ansible was very pleasant, but once
you stepped outside of the ecosystem -- it got to be a pain very quickly. A
lot of this can be solved by writing your own plugins, but I found that to
also have quite a learning curve (ansible does some python magic that
defines various global variables in your modules).

An alternative to look at is saltstack -- it is also written in python, and
also uses yaml as its primary configuration format. I've heard writing
plugins for it is simpler as well, but I haven't investigated it thoroughly.

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 2:08 PM, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please try to understand, once again, that you are at CNRS in a very
>> fortunate and exceptional position, and many people are much less
>> lucky. Try to get a grant and manage it to see my point :-)
>>

> And (not speaking to Nathann or anyone else) try it when teaching a 3-3 or
> 4-4 load at a place where teaching by far is the main component to
> tenure... I am hoping that more and more of them will do like Greg Bard did
> and write a Sage teaching book, but that will take time (and maybe MBX!).
> But for developing it's a real challenge to find that reliable time.

Andrew