Hi Jeroen,

On 2015-09-21, Jeroen Demeyer <jdeme...@cage.ugent.be> wrote:
> On 2015-09-21 11:37, Simon King wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> It seems that in the latest beta there was a change in "sage -i"
> Certainly, see
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sage-devel/nLDOLvjKp3A
>
>> First it does make -j2 configure.
>>
>> Then, it does make -j2 configure!
>>
>> Then, it does make -j2 configure!!
> Three times is surprising, are you sure you counted correctly?

Yes. I started in a new terminal session, and after installing the
package I searched "make -j2 configure". I really find THREE hits.

> I can
> understand 2 (once for the toolchain, once for the package itself), but
> 3 is a bug. I've just tried with the latest branch at #12103, and I see
> "make configure" only twice.

Strange.

>> all what I want to do is to
>> install an optional package that has no dependencies
> Meataxe from #12103 does not have a "dependencies" file, so the default
> dependencies for optional packages are used: the default is that the
> package requires all standard packages to be up-to-date, so it has to
> run cython... If you really want no dependencies, then add a file
> build/pkgs/meataxe/dependencies saying "# no dependencies". I agree that
> this isn't documented.

It did help against the cython thingy (so, forget what I said on the
ticket: It did partially help), but three times make -j2 configure
pertains.

Best regards,
Simon