What answer should be expected when it is not possible to show that an
expression is zero?  Would you expect that

   ex.is_zero() = not(ex.is_nonzero()) ?

I suppose that I should expect True or False from

  bool(ex=0)

and False in the case that it cannot be shown to be true. But I am not
so sure about is_...  Do you expect only two possible outcomes and an
runtime error in the case of a failure to decide one or the other?