Le vendredi 25 septembre 2015 16:47:23 UTC+2, William a écrit :

> > we may assume that most users understand LaTeX.
>
> This is a questionable assumption.  Numerical most users of Sage are
> undergraduates, and most undergraduates don't know about LaTeX.

Yes you are right!

The mission statement of Sage is also to be a viable alternative to
> Maple, Mathematica, Matlab, and Magma, and those systems definitely
> aspire to be undergraduate friendly.
>
> I wonder if there are latex --> ascii art converters (?) -- maybe the
> command line help could run text through that?

I am just realizing that, contrary to the standard Sage notebook, the LaTeX
of the command line help is not rendered in the SMC. Is there a way to
implement this ? Same question for the Jupyter notebook.

Best wishes,

Eric.