Hi all,

I have put three tickets that have to be merged together
as needing review.
* numpy 1.10.1 http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/17642
* matplotlib 1.5.0 http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/19556
* scipy 0.16.1 http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/17643

numpy has three patches added. The first two are backport
provided by upstream and included by some distro.
The last one is to enable sage to interact nicely with
linspace from numpy. After a good discussion with
upstream we have agreed to the fix which I included.
Before my changes are merged in upstream numpy I need
to write some tests (help welcome).

The upgrade of numpy generate a lot of deprecation warnings.
All but two of them go away by upgrading matplotlib to 1.5.0.
The ticket for the matplotlib upgrade also has fix for the last
two deprecation warnings. Finally the matplotlib upgrade obsoletes
a doctest that was showcasing a limitation that doesn't exist
anymore. Said doctest has been removed.

Finally the upgrade to numpy also change the output (format) of one
doctest involving scipy. Upgrading scipy changes the format of that doctest again so I only fixed it in the scipy ticket upgrade.

Cheers,
Francois