On Thursday, 19 November 2015 14:30:06 UTC, John Cremona wrote:

> On 19 November 2015 at 09:05, 'Bill Hart' via sage-devel
> <sage-...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>> wrote:
> > Hmm, actually, I have
> >
> > LIBGMP_LT_CURRENT = 16
> > LIBGMP_LT_REVISION = 1
> > LIBGMP_LT_AGE = 6
> >
> > I don't see where the 10 is coming from.
>
> It is 16-6.  This is not a joke.  I once found a long description of
> how these things work (sorry I forgot where it was) and it is not
> quite as simple as the naive guess would suggest!  i.e. the 3 parts to
> the so number are not just these 3 things which you set.

right... check out http://fossies.org/linux/libisofs/configure.ac

   20 dnl The name of the library will be libisofs.so.$CURRENT-$AGE.$AGE.$REV
21 dnl In the terminology of this file:   22 dnl   CURRENT = LT_CURRENT   23
dnl   REV     = LT_REVISION   24 dnl   AGE     = LT_AGE   25 dnl   26 dnl
LT_CURRENT, LT_REVISION and LT_AGE get set directly now.   27 dnl   28 dnl
SONAME of the emerging library is  LT_CURRENT - LT_AGE.