On 2016-01-11 17:26, William Stein wrote:
Hi,

For what it is worth I'm highly supportive of Sage development moving to
github.

I like trac (especially the way Sage uses it) a lot better than github.

What I mostly dislike about github is that "issues" and "pull requests" are different things. I very much prefer the trac model where you create a ticket, discuss things, then have multiple people work together on a branch all on the same page. With github, it sometimes happens that you have one issue and several pull requests by different people which are all about the same thing. I get lost more easily in the github forest.

Another useful thing is that everything on trac is in one git tree. I can do "git fetch" and have all tickets ready to check out without any hassle. I don't know if you can easily checkout a pull request from github.

Finally a stupid thing: I don't get why github discussions don't have a "reply" button.

I must admit that I don't use github that heavily, so maybe there are things that I am missing.

Jeroen.