Sorry... I found out! We can implement a _pushout_ in the parent. Very simple. Sorry for the noise.

Vincent

On 20/01/16 18:50, Vincent Delecroix wrote:
Hello,

I would like to make the following works (see #19922)
{{{
sage: c = ComplexIntervalField(128).an_element()
sage: r = RealIntervalField(64).an_element()
sage: c + r
1 + 1*I
sage: parent(_)
Complex Interval Field with 64 bits of precision
}}}
(currently we got a type error)

I am not sure how to proceed with coercions at this point as a new ring
needs to be created... any hint?

Cheers,
Vincent