> The former is when the Poset is acting as an adapter class, and the latter
> is something where there either is no analog currently on the backend (there
> might be no gain because there is no analog (di)graph function or
> translation cost). It depends on the situation and is just trying to be
> effective code.

What I (and probably Jori too) try to understand is what should be
implemented in HasseDiagram and what should be implemented in the
Poset class directly.

Right now the development is designed in what I think is a really
senseless way: every features requires two new functions:
- One on HasseDiagram which does the job
- One on Poset which calls it

It looks like useless work (especially since users are discouraged to
use HasseDiagram). I got used to implement only one function when I
need only one function.

So far, the only reason I understood from conversations with Jori is
that the Poset constructor (which relies on UniqueRepresentation) is
too slow to be called too often. So Jori works on HasseDiagram
directly to avoid this cost.

While it makes sense on one's computer (I would probably do the same)
it just doesn't do to duplicate everything in Sage's own source code
just because the constructor is slow.

Nathann