Hi Jeroen,

Jeroen Demeyer writes:
> On 2016-02-01 10:40, 'Martin R. Albrecht' via sage-devel wrote:
>> In particular, I am *very* interested in turning Sage’s interrupt
>> handling into something that can be easily installed from PyPI. For
>> those who don’t know what Sage’s interrupt handling does: it allows that
>> you can press Ctrl-C to interrupt long running C code and that crashes
>> in a library do not necessarily crash your Python shell.
>
> First of all, do you assume that the code you want to interrupt is
> Cython? Or do you want something which could work more generally?

Cython-only is enough for me.

> I guess it could be separated from Sage. It might be a good project for
> some Sage Days workshop.

+1, I don’t think I’ll attend any anytime soon. Let’s see if I can find
some time to work on this in the mean time. I’ll wait a bit more if
there are objects here and then open a ticket, where we can move
technical discussions.

> One non-trivial thing is that the Sage interrupt framework also refers
> directly to PARI. So this would need to be abstracted.

Ah, I forgot about removing that one for my hack. Good point.

> And of course it will only work on POSIX systems.

I guess we could provide some noop for non-POSIX systems?

Cheers,
Martin

--

_pgp: https://keybase.io/martinralbrecht