On 2016-02-02 11:33, 'Martin R. Albrecht' via sage-devel wrote:
Hi Jeroen,

my concern is mainly of convention: I don’t think people expect pip to
install shared libraries.

I am not convinced that this "cysignals" package should contain a shared library. In Sage, it's a Python module(*), not a shared library. I know that Volker argues for a shared library, but I think that's just needlessly complicating matters.

(*) To be more precise, it's a Python module with some Cython files (.pxd and .pxi) and C headers (.h). It will be an interesting exercise to figure out how to install this properly :-)