Destructive units are handled fine, with something like

T = 390 * units.temperature.kelvin
mass = 4/25 * pi * units.mass.kilogram
specHeat = 4186 * (units.energy.joule / (units.mass.kilogram *
units.temperature.kelvin))

U = sage.symbolic.units.convert(T * mass * specHeat, units.energy.joule)
print U

#(1239056/5*pi)*joule

Destructive meaning it's impossible to pull the inverse out without the
mass and specific heat.

I can't do the inverse, however, and there's no way as far as I can tell to
supply them, with something like

sage.symbolic.units.convert(U, units.temperature.kelvin / (mass * specHeat))