Hi everyone, it may be time to revisit Sage & Intel's high-performance
libraries—Intel's Community License Program launched a few months ago and
gives no-cost, royalty-free licenses for MKL, TBB, IPP, & DAAL:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/free_tools_and_libraries

You register, they send you a license key, and you can download the four
libraries for the three major OSes (OS X, Linux, Windows). Note how this
doesn't include the Intel C/C++ compiler: that you have to pay for. But you
are free to compile your programs with clang/gcc and link them against MKL
etc.—we do this regularly.

Unfortunately, all the material I've been able to find on the web about
Python/Numpy and Intel libraries involves using `icc`, the Intel compiler,
rather than just using the free compiler toolchain and linking against MKL
etc. Such documentation would be broadly useful to the community, not just
Sage.

Anybody have any further insight into this? Best,
Ahmed