Dear all,

(I also posted this about a quarter of an hour ago, but I now think that I
must have done something wrong. I am sorry if this turns out to be a double
post.)

For some reason I placed a file called string.py in the directory where I
normally run Sage. I then ran Sage in the usual way, without specifying
this file, and saw the result of evaluating it pass by before the Sage
prompt appeared. I then tested that it also works after replacing the
contents of string.py with

import shutil
shutil.rmtree("dir")

in the sense that once run there is no more directory dir. This does not
just happen on my own machine; I have logged in at some other places in the
world where I have an account, and there the same thing occurs, whether the
version is 7.1 or 7.2. It seems risky.

The side effects also occurs after renaming to math.py, but renaming to
string.sage removes them.

Best regards,
Jeroen Sijsling