> Let me try to summarize. We seem to more or less agree that we should not
> repeatedly break the code of all users of sage. To avoid that, it would be
> better to switch completely to python3 in just one major change. And then
> there will be something like the "last py2 release" and the "first py3
> release".

Does this entail that in this "last py2 release", we insert deprecation
warnings for all py2 \setminus py3 features that we possibly can,
simultaneously? That way, users would only change all their code that
one time, to get rid of all the deprecation warnings. And then their
code would (usually) work in the py3 version.

I'm intrigued by what Fernando wrote, namely supporting both py2 and py3
for a long time/forever. But I don't know enough about whether the
development overhead would be big -- to me, it sounds like it.

Best,
Johan