Thanks for getting this fixed so quickly.

As a followup question, is there documentation somewhere that provides an
overview of program flow in the labyrinth that is SageMath? More
specifically I'd like to understand

  1) How a function is made symbolic as opposed to a Python callable
  2) The process for evaluating a symbolic function numerically

I know I can just read all of the source code, but I'm hoping there is some
roadmap that will save some time.