On Jun 22, 2016 19:12, "Volker Braun" <vbraun.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The authentication changed, we used to have http digest (browser popup
window, with realm) and now its the trac builtin one. This breaks the
git-trac script as it tries to authenticate over http digest. I can fix it
up but first let me ask: Is that going to stay?

This was a requested feature.

I did worry that it could break any script that was relying on HTTP
authentication but nobody indicated as much. It should be possible to login
over xmlrpc or by posting to /login and storing the resulting session
cookie.

Conceivably it would not be hard to provide an alternative HTTP digest
backend for login as well.