I don't know. I've spoken to one expert and he thinks almost all the issues
are due to interfaces that aren't implemented by Microsoft yet. They have
an online poll where you can vote for the features you'd most like to see
them implement. Many of the items have thousands of votes, and they are
gradually making their way through the list.

I expect that even the next release of WSL will be more robust. It might
have been a little premature of them to release it as beta. Perhaps alpha
would have been more logical at this point.

Bill.