On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 12:38:35PM -0700, Kwankyu Lee wrote:
>    Right. Perhaps I was just thinking of "cosmetics". Lots of parents in
>    Sage should be finite enumerated sets. If their category is a join of
>    some category X and the category of finite enumerated sets, then it is
>    printed as
>    Join of some category X and the category of finite enumerated sets.
>    I thought this is not "elegant"..., perhaps just a personal feeling.

Yeah, I agree, that's not elegant. I would say that's about how join
categories though are output, rather than whether or not we want the
category to be a join in this case.

Output of join categories definitely could use some love. A first
improvement could be to use:

        Category of X an enumerated sets.

should be trivial to implement, but will require updating doctests in
many places. Then, maybe we could devise further heuristics /
customization hooks to get better names.

Cheers,
                                Nicolas
http://Nicolas.Thiery.name/