I've found the following quite convenient and I wonder what the best place
is to document this better and/or make it more robust:

sage.repl.ipython_kernel.install.JUPYTER_PATH=os.environ["HOME"]+"/.ipython"
sage.repl.ipython_kernel.install.SageKernelSpec.update()

It installs the sage kernel into (what is for me) my normal jupyter server
directory. It means I can just run "jupyter notebook" to access sage ipynb
files.