Sat 2016-09-10 08:56:04 UTC+2, Denis on sage-devel:

> As far as I am concerned, development of Sage stopped at 7.0 - I tried
> 7.3 yesterday, and could not do a mid-level benchmark calculation, which
> I have been repeating since at least 6.4. The problem is a memory fault.
> 7.0 is the last version with which I can do it. I am prepared to
> collaborate with any developer who is prepared to go after this bug
> seriously. The calculation involves some manipulations over polynomial
> rings in nine variables. The largest object is a 3838x3838 dense matrix.
> My own coding is modest, just a bunch of small functions calling each
> other and invoking user-level Sage routines.

Could you tell us your operating system, and how you installed Sage?

Can you reproduce your problem on SageCell [1] or SageMathCloud [2]?

Can you share your benchmark code, by sharing either of the following?
- a .py or .sage file with the code
- a Sage worksheet in the form of a .sws file or a .ipynb file
- a SageCell link
- a public worksheet on SageMathCloud

[1] SageCell: http://sagecell.sagemath.org
[2] SageMathCloud: https://cloud.sagemath.com