Hi,

While migrating the legacy Sage notebooks at
http://sagemanifolds.obspm.fr/examples.html
to Jupyter notebooks (thanks to Volker's notebook exporter introduced in
Sage 7.3, cf. #19877 <https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/19877>), I got the
error

error: Error -3 while decompressing: invalid distance too far back

when displaying some 3d graphic object in the Jupyter notebook. The minimal
worksheet reproducing this error is displayed at
http://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/egourgoulhon/SageMathTest/blob/master/Worksheets/test_sphere.ipynb

The point is that the legacy Sage notebook with exactly the same input does
not show such an error and displays the object correctly:
http://sagemanifolds.obspm.fr/examples/html/test_sphere.html

I suspect this is related to the size of the 3d object: it is formed by
adding a plot of a vector field on S^2 to a plot of the spherical
coordinate grid, each of these two objects having a correct display.

These worksheets are based on SageManifolds, so that to reproduce the
calculation, one has to pull the branch
public/manifolds/Schouten_Cotton_York in any version of Sage >= 7.3 (in my
case, it was Sage 7.4.beta1).

Eric.