*I'm not sure if this is an appropriate topic for sage-devel but given that
this concerns an "external Sage package" I will take a chance posting here.
I will not be offended, or surprised, if mods delete this thread.*

I am looking for someone to take over the management, and perhaps even the
development, of the Abelfunctions
(https://github.com/abelfunctions/abelfunctions) Sage package.
Abelfunctions is a library for computing with Abelian functions, Riemann
surfaces, and algebraic curves. Most users have been downloading it for my
implementation of the Riemann theta function but there are other
algebreo-geometric capabilities that are of interest to people in that
community. If this sounds like an interesting project to you I would be
more than happy to give a developer-oriented walkthrough of the
functionality and design of the code and be available to answer questions.

*At the very least*, I would like someone who knows the Sage package
installation system well enough to assist with some issues that come up
when uses try to install Abelfunctions. The package relies heavily on
Cython which might be the source of these issues. There is some interesting
discussion about it this
thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/sage-devel/abelfunctions|sort:relevance/sage-devel/LIbAfzFWpOU/U0iGNqLlAgAJ

(Where abelfunctions is explicitly mentioned.)

To be clear, I'm not running from a sinking ship. Other than recent
installation problems the package more or less works well. I'm just a
little burnt out by the project and am no longer interested, at least in
the near future, to spend any time on it. Any help is appreciated.

--
Chris