On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 11:47:00 AM UTC+2, Jonathan Bober wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 9:44 AM, Dima Pasechnik <dim...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>

>> On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 2:22:51 AM UTC, Jonathan Bober wrote:
>>>
>>> I recompiled with gcc 6.1.0, and get the same segfault. I did a ./sage
>>> -i gdb to get a better crash report, which is attached. I don't know if it
>>> is useful. Also, it mentions some gcc 5.1.0 paths, which seems odd. I don't
>>> know if that indicates that something is broken on my end.
>>>

>> I am mostly guessing, but mentioning gcc 5.1.0 in the log does sound to
>> me as if your toolchain might be broken after update to gcc 6.1 (perhaps
>> it's debugging versions of libs...)
>>

> No, I think I was confused and used the wrong installation of sage to
> produce that crash report. Maybe I typed sage instead of ./sage. The
> correct crash report is attached now.

The backtrace does not say much to me...
Maybe you could try to update openblas? our version is already outdated.
And hopefully this might have been fixed in a newer version (though I did
not find anything looking very related after a few google searches).
Just download the latest openblas  tarball into upstream, edit
build/pkgs/openblas/package-version.txt to reflect the version change and
run sage --package fix-checksum openblas to update the checksum.