Bundy's bibliography does not include this paper, which includes my
critique of
PRESS
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=43879

and which has Bundy as a co-author.

I think that you would find  (unless PRESS has been substantially changed)
that
PRESS has significantly fewer capabilities, returns results that are
incomplete
sometimes.  Sometimes the results are mathematically wrong.  For instance
how effective would your "solve" program be if it could not divide
polynomials?

There may be some task at which the PRESS  meta-level analysis is
useful, but it probably isn't improving "symbolic mathematical equation
solving" for
a CAS.
RJF