While it is the "right" solution, it seems a bit heavy handed to ask all
authors of LAPACK-using programs susceptible to Sage's use to conform to
the convention suggested by Volker. This might not even be possible,
depending on system's infrastructure and source's configuration. And
effectively forking all such LAPACK-using programs puts an heavy load on
the users...

Meanwhile, this trivial patch <https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/21736>
needs review.

HTH,