On Tue, 25 Oct 2016, Jori Mantysalo wrote:

 https://jupyterhub.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting-started.html

Got it installed and shown up in my browser. Good start. It rejected login with wrong password, and with right password gave "Spawner failed to start [status=1]". So next I guess I should somehow register Sage as a "kernel"(?) for jupyterhub.

More progress. After

pip3 install jupyter
cd /usr/local/share/jupyter
ln -s /opt/sage-7.4/local/share/jupyter/kernels
ln -s /opt/sage-7.4/local/share/jupyter/nbextensions/

it almost work. Now when I modified

/opt/sage-7.4/local/share/jupyter/kernels/sagemath/kernel.json

by adding

"env": {"SAGE_ROOT": "/opt/sage-7.4/"}

to the dict I got this to work!

I used jupyterhub --no-ssl --port=80

Next move to https, then try ldap, and then combine ldap and local accounts. And last look for worksheet sharing.

Thanks for help!

--
Jori Mäntysalo