Hi all,

The latest R versions depends on libcurl and actually more than that: on a
libcurl with https support.
So we might want to build our own libcurl with https support (see #21767)
but we then need an SSL/TLS implementation which Sage curretnly provides
only optionally through openSSL because of license issues so we can:
[1] either make R depend on libcurl depend on openssl and they all become
optional,
[2] or make R depend on libcurl and make them standard and add an SSL/TLS
implementation and its development headers a prereq,
[3] or make libcurl with https support (and development headers) a prereq,
which basically means adding an SSL/TLS implementation as a prereq as well,
[4] or make R a prereq,
[5] or drop R support,
[6] or patch R not to use curl,
[7] or patch R to use curl but without https support,
[8] or wait until the end of times,
[9] or a mix of all of this,
[10] or do something else.

What do you think?