On Monday, November 14, 2016 at 3:51:49 PM UTC-8, Dima Pasechnik wrote:

> Did you have a pressing need to build an old branch?
> I'd normally first rebase over the latest beta, and then build.

What do you mean by "rebase" precisely? Just merging the current develop
branch or something else?

I'm under the impression that merging develop, while convenient, is
confusing for the history of a branch, so I've been avoiding that and
running ccache instead to cut down on build time. Or is the current
recommendation to always merge develop after every new beta?

The branch I've been working on has been under review for some time, so I
don't want to set things back by moving code around unnecessarily. Besides,
why shouldn't I always be able to go back and rebuild a previous branch
without wiping everything clean? Trying to understand what goes wrong in
the process.