Hi William,
installed the docker version - exciting stuff - just brilliant!
thanks. We need this "sagewide" asap really. Be looking into it as I
understand more.
small question when you have a moment:
docker starts correctly, everything works-I have SMC locally but I
can't get in sage dedicated modes like R or shell. Some of them work
like maxima, python, gap. If I create a terminal in my project, I can
start R. The code is there - just not accessible from a sage file in
the project: any idea ?
best,

PS : an example:

%r
1+1

Error in lines 1-1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/smc_sagews/sage_server.py",
line 968, in execute
    exec compile(block+'\n', '', 'single') in namespace, locals
  File "", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/smc_sagews/sage_server.py",
line 1009, in execute_with_code_decorators
    code = code_decorator(code)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/smc_sagews/sage_salvus.py",
line 2117, in r
    r.jupyter_kernel = jupyter("ir")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/smc_sagews/sage_jupyter.py",
line 31, in __call__
    return _jkmagic(kernel_name, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/smc_sagews/sage_jupyter.py",
line 111, in _jkmagic
    km, kc = jupyter_client.manager.start_new_kernel(kernel_name = kernel_name)
  File
"/usr/lib/sagemath/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jupyter_client/manager.py",
line 429, in start_new_kernel
    km.start_kernel(**kwargs)
  File
"/usr/lib/sagemath/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jupyter_client/manager.py",
line 230, in start_kernel
    kernel_cmd = self.format_kernel_cmd(extra_arguments=extra_arguments)
  File
"/usr/lib/sagemath/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jupyter_client/manager.py",
line 170, in format_kernel_cmd
    cmd = self.kernel_spec.argv + extra_arguments
  File
"/usr/lib/sagemath/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jupyter_client/manager.py",
line 82, in kernel_spec
    self._kernel_spec =
self.kernel_spec_manager.get_kernel_spec(self.kernel_name)
  File
"/usr/lib/sagemath/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jupyter_client/kernelspec.py",
line 175, in get_kernel_spec
    raise NoSuchKernel(kernel_name)
NoSuchKernel: No such kernel named ir