Hi,

On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 03:56:28AM -0800, Emmanuel Charpentier wrote:
> Dear Thierry,
>
> Le lundi 21 novembre 2016 17:09:41 UTC+1, Thierry (sage-googlesucks@xxx) a
> écrit :
[...]
> > - check that openssl-dev (or equivalent) is installed system-wide
> > - if not:
> >   - warn the user and suggest/recommend her to install it
> >   - as an alternative, propose to download and install openssl from the
> >     Sage mirrors via http
> >

> I am not sure we can (pseudo-)legally do that.

I am not a lawyer either, but i guess that if we can not, then we are
already ((pseudo-)legally) wrong, since it is currently possible to
download and install openssl from the Sage mirrors via http, see
${SAGE_ROOT}/build/pkgs/openssl/

The only thing that we currently forbid to ourselves is to put openssl
tarball in the Sage source tarball, as a standard package.

Ciao,
Thierry