I'm interested in helping out with this project.  Julian RĂ¼th, Xavier
Caruso and I are working on p-adics on the Sage IRC channel (
http://www.sagemath.org/help-irc.html) at 4pm EST (10pm CET) today.  If you
want to log in and chat about character lattices for a bit I'd be happy to
share ideas.

I'll try to respond to this e-mail with more specific suggestions about
existing structures in the next week or so, but before then I have to write
and grade finals....
David