Travis Scrimshaw wrote:
> That is not true. Note that Foo.has_coerce_map_from() is not
> Foo._coerce_map_from_(). The method has_coerce_map_from() calls
> _coerce_map_from_, which should either return a coercion map or True,
> and in the latter case, then it uses Foo(bar) to define the coercion
> (which really uses _element_constructor_). What has_coerce_map_from()
> does is it checks to see if _coerce_map_from_() returns something that
> is not False (or perhaps None, I forget off-hand).

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. As far as I can see,
has_coerce_map_from() calls _internal_coerce_map_from(), which first
looks in _coerce_from_hash and only then, if nothing is found, calls
discover_coerce_map_from() which eventually calls _coerce_map_from_().
But _coerce_from_hash is also affected by _populate_coercion_lists_(),
via register_coercion().

--
Marc