Hi,

The project was renamed to SymEngine and can be found at https://github.com/
symengine/symengine. Python wrappers are at https://github.com/symengine/
symengine.py.

In the GSoC project, I implemented bunch of things like numerics,
conversions to sage and sympy and also support for using sage and sympy
objects for unknown function types and numbers.

I've focused on getting SymPy to use SymEngine as its backend optionally
and this is now possible for sympy.physics.mechanics. We are trying to get
more SymPy submodules to use SymEngine optionally. Using SymEngine in Sage
is low priority  because of lack of interest (I'd like to make sure people
are interested in it before diving into it again), and using SymEngine for
SymPy has greater performance benefits compared to using it in Sage. (Ralf
has done some excellent work on speeding up Pynac and making Sage
comparable in some of the symbench benchmarks.)

I'm interested in knowing the use case for using SymEngine and we can
figure out what needs to be done and possibly have another student work on
Sage and SymEngine.

Regards,

Isuru Fernando