I'm able to reproduce it with multiline comments (but code seems to work
fine), in IPython in an SMC terminal. I'm also seeing it in JupyterLab and
Jupyter Notebook's terminal. I've filed an issue with JupyterLab too:
https://github.com/jupyterlab/jupyterlab/issues/1738

As a workaround, pasting multiline comments works in an SMC terminal if I
start ipython with --simple-prompt, which turns off a lot of the fancy
stuff.

Thanks,

Jason