Hi all,

It is now possible to add plots in the documentation via the command
sphinx_plot, see for example:

http://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/reference/plotting/sage/plot/plot.html

I would like to know about how to implement a similar function which would
do a similar job with a `Latex_Expr` object that contains a tikzpicture.

For a potential use case, see here:

http://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/thematic_tutorials/polytope_tikz.html

Something like tikz2png. After googling, I found this:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/sphinxcontrib-tikz

Could that be helpful? If one follows a similar strategy as it was used for
sphinx_plot, would that work (with or without the above package)?

I am aware that this is probably a time consuming task, but perhaps the
time invested in sphinx_plot could be useful here?

I would be happy to get some input!

JP