Hi,

If I switch the current git branch to another in the sage repository and
build sage, then sage copies and compiles only updated files. I expected
the same happens when I build the sage reference manual. That is, among all
rst files under the directories en/reference/*/sage, exactly those
corresponding to the files updated in the sage library are regenerated as
well, and after this is done, actual building of the sage manual get
started. But now it seems that I am wrong, but that this actually does not
happen, and so I get errors and warnings about missing files when I try to
build the document after changing the git branch. So I am forced to do make
doc-clean, which of course removes all files in en/reference/*/sage. Thus
it takes a lot of time to rebuild the manual after git branch change.

Am I understanding the situation right? If so, then this is something to be
fixed, and would you give some pointers to where I should look?