it does not work for me, or at least I must be doing something wrong.
I get to the page listing the notebooks to convert, and then, if I click on
a notebook, I get a weird page asking for a password or a token.

Password or token:

Token authentication is enabled. You need to open the notebook server with
its first-time login token in the URL, or enable a password in order to
gain access. The command:

jupyter notebook list

will show you the URLs of running servers with their tokens, which you can
copy and paste into your browser. For example:

Currently running servers:
http://localhost:8888/?token=c8de56fa... :: /Users/you/notebooks

Or you can paste just the token value into the password field on this page.

Cookies are required for authenticated access to notebooks.

What I see above doesn't look as a valid URL, and then WTF is the token I
can paste instead?

I tried c8de56fa, it didn't work. I tried clicking on the URL, it brings me
back to the page to choose

the notebooks...

 Arrgh... Give me my console any time...